Thursday, April 23, 2009

Kitchen Tricks and Romance

April 24, 2009

This morning while eating breakfast (over the kitchen sink, of course), it occurred to me that neither of my two favorite kitchen tricks involve cooking 1: Turn wet gloves inside out. Twirl at wrist to trap air. Squeeze until fingers pop out. Let dry. 2). Score mango half in a grid. Push skin side in so fruit pops out in perfect little cubes.

A few minutes later, Dean walked in and we had a conversation that pretty much nails our cross-political, cross-cultural relationship:

Diana: I started a trash bag in the freezer for the pig feet bones and mango pits.

Dean: I put your mango pit from yesterday into a plastic bag and put it in the freezer too.

Diana: you know I don't like to use plastic - that pit will be there for the next ten generations.

Dean: Well, someone might plant it, discover a tree that had become extinct, and they will have Diana L. Ho to thank. In fact, they might call it the Diana L. Ho tree!

Umm...is there any question about why I love this man?

P.S. Pigs feet courtesy of sister Tina, whose kitchen tricks DO include cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment