Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Just Call Me Tutu!

Aleena Mei Lustig was born on Sunday, November 28th and came out screaming in the most healthy way! Dean and I met Steven and Rajina (and Rajina's mom Veena and sibs Neelam, Poonam and Dhiraj) at the hospital at 6 AM and rejoiced when Aleena arrived shortly after 9 AM (with Neelam present in the deliver room).

Here is Steven suited up for the big event, and Rajina with Aleena shortly after birth:


Technically, I am "Nai Nai" (Chinese: paternal grandmother), but because Veena will be called "Nani" (Indian), I am choosing "Tutu" (Hawaiian). Can I just say that I am addicted to this child? I am already kidnapping her with regularity to visit Mom ("Tai Po" - Great Grandmother) or to just hang out with "Papa Dean."



Another happy event followed on December 7th when Mom turned 95! She is definitely slowing down, but is still living on her own, driving to the market & hairdresser, and managing her finances with panache!

The Year of the Rabbit is off to a quick start! I've been breathless since August - always happens that way since I take a month off in July every year. I hope to post more frequently on my blog this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment